Modern Foreign Languages at Campsmount
Bonjour! Guten Tag! Hola!
At Campsmount we are delighted to be able to offer French, German and Spanish on the curriculum.
All of our Year 7 students study French. German and Spanish are also introduced in Year 8 and all three languages are available at GCSE; it is possible to choose to study two languages at GCSE.
Lessons are delivered using a wide variety of teaching methods, including role play, mini white boards, games, flashcards and electronically produced materials. French, German or Spanish is also regularly used in lessons to give instructions and to communicate in the classroom.
We follow the AQA GCSE Modern Languages Courses.
We believe that it is very important to have a thorough understanding of the grammatical basics, as having a sound knowledge of grammar will help score high marks and allow success in all four skills. Beyond that, the more willing pupils are to try and make use of the new vocabulary they encounter, the more fluent and confident they will become.
When a trip abroad is organised, students have the opportunity to take part in a study visit which gives them the chance to practice and develop their language skills. This is always popular as it brings their language alive, as well as giving them lots of opportunity to sample the cuisine!
Parents and guardians can help their children by:
- Helping them to find the best way to learn vocabulary and phrases by heart.
- Checking that homework is being completed to the best of the child's ability and that it's handed in on time.
- Encouraging their children to seek help with problems prior to their next languages lesson.
Students can help themselves by:
- Always having the right equipment
- Listening carefully to their teacher and to others
- Always completing their homework on time and to the very best of their ability
- Learning vocabulary on a regular basis
- Practising on the agreed websites
- Checking their work carefully for spelling and grammar
- Asking for help BEFORE the homework is due in
Languages are delivered by teachers:
Mr D. Eccles, Miss G. Lévy, Mrs R. High and Mrs K. Elmes
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the school curriculum please email: firstname.lastname@example.org