As per the latest Government guidance, as an Academy we are adhering to the following control measures as directed by the government:
- Ensure good hygiene for everyone.
- Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes, using standard products such as detergents
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated.
- Follow public health advise on testing, self-isolating and managing confirmed cases of Covid-19.
- Face coverings to be worn in communal areas and classrooms of the Academy by students, staff and visitors.
For more information on the current control measures please see the Government guidance below and our current risk assessment (at the bottom of the page).
Schools Covid-19 Operational Guidance
Asymptomatic Testing - Rapid at home testing using Lateral Flow Devices (LFD) for Students
In addition to the control measures, all secondary school students and staff are asked to test twice weekly use LFD tests.
- Students will be issued with a test kits from school to self-swab and test themselves twice a week at home. If additional test kits are required please contact the Academy reception.
- Students must report their result to NHS Test and Trace as soon as the test is completed either online or by telephone as per the instructions in the home test kit. Students should also share their result, whether void, positive or negative, with the Academy to help with contact tracing using the following form: Home Testing Result Form
- Students aged 18 and over should self-test and report the result, with assistance if needed.
- Adolescents aged 12 to 17 should self-test and report with adult supervision. The adult may conduct the test if necessary.
- Children aged 11 attending a secondary school should be tested by an adult.
Students with a positive LFD test result will need to self-isolate in line with the stay-at-home guidance.
Those with a negative LFD test result can continue to attend school and follow the current protective measures.