Your child maybe eligible for free school meals if you are receiving one of the following benefits or support:
- Universal Credit - Your annual net earned income must be no more that £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to 3 of your most recent assessment periods.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and your annual income is below £16,190 (as worked out by HM Revenue & Customs)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week
You are NOT entitled to free school meals if:
- you receive Working Tax Credit except where the 'four week run-on' applies as described above
An application must be made to DMBC before free school meals can be provided. Normally, the parent or guardian of the child makes the request. Please note: you will have to pay for any school meals your child receives before your application has been processed. DMBC will then notify the Academy if your child is eligible.
You can apply for free school meals up to a maximum of two months before your child starts school.
Please click on the link below for more information regarding free school meals and to apply directly through the council:
Apply for free school meals