Here at Campsmount every student is issued with a planner.
Planners are an important part of every students equipment and help form a link between home and school. They act as diary for students to write homework and reminders but also record achievement, including rewards.
The planner is a key tool for communication between school and home. In a student’s planner, parents or carers can see:
- Our school expectations, including uniform
- Home school agreement
- Rewards gained in lessons
- Comments and notification of detentions
- Homework set
- A student’s timetable
- Notes from staff
The planner is similar to a journal or diary and students should use this to jot down notes that are important to them. They should write down any homework tasks and dates that they need to get homework in by.
Parents or carers are able to write a note to the form tutor or class teacher if needed. Planners will be checked regularly and any issues/queries will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
Below are some tips for ensuring that all students use the planners effectively and parents should support their child with this:
- Students must have planners with them at all times
- Students should place their planner on the desk at the start of the lesson (this will be different for practical lessons)
- Students MUST have their planner signed every week by their parent
- If students lose their planner, they will need to purchase a new one. This will cost £2.
- Parents/carers must sign the Home School Agreement, the ICT Good Practice Guide and the Transport Relating to PE on pages 2, 5, 7 and 24 of the planner.
- Students should not deface their planner. Please ensure these are keep in the best condition possible.